Monday, October 06, 2008

World's Best Husband Award...

goes to my Billy!
He had been telling me for quite some time that I needed to back up my pictures and stuff onto our external hard drive. "Yeah, yeah, I know I need to...blah blah blah... " was always my thinking. It was one of those things that I had on my mental to-do list, but never really got around to doing. Well, about 2 weeks ago, I was upstairs and Billy brought up the external hard drive and said "HERE!" So, since I didn't have to get off my duff, I went ahead and backed up all my pictures and scrapbook pages that I had finished (which is hours upon hours of work). Well, guess what?! My computer's hard drive crashed on Friday!!!! I couldn't believe it. I've never had a computer crash- they've always just gone super slow until we can't stand it and then get a new one. So thanks to my hubby, something that would have been totally HORRIBLE and probably have given me a complete melt/breakdown, was just a pain and a little upsetting. I haven't lost anything that can't be replaced. I'm pretty bummed out because all of my scrapbooking supplies (digital ones that is) were on my computer and I didn't back those up. Billy is hoping they can be salvaged and has already ordered something to help us get to them and has ordered a new hard drive (a bigger one too!) He spent lots of time researching- figuring out what was wrong, getting a new hard drive and all that stuff. Thank you sweetie for saving the day (and my files)!!!

Oh, and that picture isn't of my laptop, thank goodness, but I needed a pic to go with my post!

7 comments:

DaLynn said...

Whoa!! I better back up my computer! Good job Billie!!

Diane said...

I hope you made his favorite meals for a week! So glad you avoided that catastrophy... guess I'd better obey my hubby and do the same!
:)

~AnnaMarie~ said...

Thankfully we have a completely separate hard drive in the computer, as well as an external one, so everything is backed up. I am so scared of something like that happening. Your bhusband totally does get the award for this one!

Bek said...

Funny, Bill has been bugging me to upload the photos from our camera. I didn't do it and when I was trying to do to many things a once I erased all of them I had over 200. I wish I had listened to my Bill. By the way I finally have a blog. It is still under construction take a look and give me some suggestions. thevasifiles.blogspot

Bek said...

Oh thanks for looking. My first comment!

the herd said...

Nathan always tells me to do the same thing and I give him the same reaction. I told him your story and saved all my pictures on another drive. He said, "Why is it you always listen to everyone else but me?" Poor guy!

Good for Billy! I can't believe your computer really crashed. I didn't know that really happens!

Unknown said...

Yikes, I better get a back up too! Glad he was in tune with the spirit!