Saturday, November 01, 2008

Boo! from the Smith Crew

I've so enjoyed seeing everybody's wonderful halloween pictures. I love halloween- everything about it. I have to credit my dad with that- he is a holiday junkie and always made the holidays fun by really decorating the house. I still remember a time when our whole driveway at our old house was lined with jack o'lanterns. If my memory serves me right, and I was less than 5 years old at the time, I think the news even came to our house and used it as the closing credits one night. :) So- HOLY COW Daddy, thanks so much for giving me your love of the holidays! Hey, if you've got it, flaunt it! And yes, that is a little tiny dog crab costume I'm holding. Yeah, we got to watch Brutus again.

Brayden was Optimus Prime for halloween. If you don't have boys, that is a Transformer. He looked so cute, but didn't really wear his mask on his face since the holes were totally in the wrong place.
Brooklyn was a fairy princess. Isn't she adorable? She picked up on the trick or treating very quickly. I loved watching her run as fast as she could in her little tutu! She really did look like a tiny fairy! She even used her charms to collect the most candy. It wasn't until the end of our rounds that I realized what she was doing. After she and the other kids had gotten their candy, Brooklyn would hold up her bag and say, "Wone mowr, Wone mowr." Of course, she got another handful. Good thing she is young and sweet or else she might have seemed like quite the stinker. As she would leave, she would yell, thank you, happy halloween, have a good day!" She really is a sweet fairy princess with a I major sweet tooth!

We especially enjoyed trick or treating with our friends, the Perry's and the Coburn's and Aunt Tess and Uncle Ryan! Now it's time to start making plans for next year!









13 comments:

Tara said...

Love the costumes- especially the Milk Lady:) That is hilarious! Are you going to be around during Thanksgiving or Christmas? Let's plan a get together with whoever's in town!

Ted and Leslie said...

You all looked great! Hope your Halloween was wonderful!

I also wanted to let you know that we changed our blog address in the interest of security - somehow putting first and last names along with our state in the title didn't seen like the best idea! Our new address is tedandleslie.blogspot.com Thanks! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Love that cow costume. You're a good sport, I didn't dress up this year and i missed it. They all look great!

Suzanne Lancaster said...

That post was so "MOO"ving! No really, looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I hope your up to your eyeballs in candy like we are :)

Tennille said...

We also enjoyed having Optimus Prime at our house. Gotta love the transformers! Brooklyn looked so cute, too! I love having a little girl, don't you?

Schofields said...

I'm SO jealous! I always wanted a cow costume when I was a prego! You look great!
All hail the Great Pumpkin!
:)

Callie said...

i'm so glad you went with the cow costume. cant wait till you dont have that utter anymore and it turns into a baby!!!!!

the herd said...

Great pictures! You are "utterly" beautiful!

Bek said...

Unless you did it more than one year you must have beenn at least 7 because I remember the Jack-O-Lanterns too.There were so cool I was so jealous. Your whole house was covered to and I think it even made the front page of the post register.

Bek said...

I am with Tara lets all get together if your home.

~AnnaMarie~ said...

Okay wait, am I missing out on some Rigby get together here? Im in! Im totally inviting myself :) You look AWESOME in that costume btw!

Marnie said...

Cute costumes...I especially LUV your cow. Looks like ya'll had a great Halloween!

Bek said...

I did stop, but it was my first stop and they weren't home yet, I think I passed them on the way home but I was to lazy to turn around.