Sunday, April 13, 2008

A very fun day...

Saturday was Brayden's first soccer game! It was so fun to watch all these 5/6 year olds running around crazy. They actually kicked the ball in the right direction MOST of the time! We need to work on his lack of aggression towards the ball (I think he might get that from me) but he did great and had a big grin on his face the whole time, which is what was most important to me. I can't believe how grown up he is getting, and how independent he is. He's already asking me when his next game is!




After soccer, Billy went in to work his LAST tax season Saturday. Brayden decorated plastic cups with Brooklyn and cousin Maren. They made little faces on them, and then we planted wheat seeds so that when the seeds grow, they will look like little people with crazy hair. I'll post pictures when they grow.

Next, Brayden, Brooklyn and I went to Maggie Moo's for ice cream. I had promised Brayden ice cream after his game, but the place didn't open until noon, so we had a yummy dessert after lunch.
When we got back, Brooklyn went down for a nap and so did I. Brayden came in and asked if he could lay down with me. Not wanting to be disturbed, I told him he had to not move and keep his eyes closed. He actually fell asleep for a little while, and so did I. I love lazy Saturdays! Next week will probably be yard work since Billy will be home.

That evening we drove downtown, picked up some dinner and Billy from his office, and headed to the park. It was sooo nice outside. Really beautiful. We had a nice picnic and then played at the playground. Then, Billy went back to work and we went home, did baths, and went to bed. What a nice day.

10 comments:

Tennille said...

Brayden looks so cute in his soccer uniform. It looks like he had a lot of fun. Glad to hear you're getting your hubby back.

Unknown said...

Yay, for tax season almost being over! Can't wait to have my kids running around playing soccer. Great job Brayden!

the herd said...

OH, soccer! Ethan used to lay in the grass durring the game and watch to birds go by. Get up! Get up, Ethan! I loved seeing Brayden's smile! Isn't it great to see some spring weather!

Billy's almost done. It will either be nice to have him around or annoying. Now that you have a routine, I find it hard to adjust to someone else coming in and having a say in my plans.

Sally said...

Wow - Brayden looks so grown up! Soccer looks like a ton of fun. Saturday's weather really was perfect. I'm glad you guys had such a nice day. What a perfect way to start spring!

Brian Hanks said...

Rumor was, that Billy was always scared of the ball too - especially basketballs.

mom said...

I just looked at your blog again. Way cute! It almost makes it look fun at our house. And you took the messiness out of the house. We are so excited for your good news. Keep it coming. Love, MOM

Tara said...

Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me- watch kids have fun, eat yummy ice cream, enjoy a nap, have take-out that night, I'm all about that kind of a Saturday:) Brayden looks so professional in his uniform!

Suzanne Lancaster said...

You have lot's of fun days!! It is fun going to kids soccer games. Chase loves to jump in the net. Anytime the ball goes in, he follows it, and knocks over the net. Logan does this high pitched singing while he runs - must make him faster or something. It's quite humerous. Frank doesn't think it's that funny though.

the herd said...

MEGAN! Where are YOU!!!

Tara said...

Serioulsy Megan, is everything alright? Where are you, there's always new posts weekly if not daily?!? Hope all is well, just checking in...