Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Brayden's First Day of School

Brayden's First Day of School. By Brayden and Mommy Smith


Brayden: First we sat at the table and learned what you do, and what star you are. I am on the green star. We went for recess in the park. And that's all I can remember


Mom: How did you feel waiting to go into your class?


Brayden: I felt kind of scared and lonely without my mommy standing by me. Kind of scary.



Mom: How did you feel when you went in your class?

Brayden: Kind of scared. But not the whole time, just half of the time.

Mom: Tell me about the library.

Brayden: I got a chicken book. fun and cool.

Mom: Did you make new friends?

Brayden: Yes

Mom: Tell me about your friends.

Brayden: I don't know about them. I didn't ask them what they are about. There was lego star wars shirt and he was my favorite boy. The end. Now I am finished.

Mom: Can you tell me something about your teacher?
Brayden: No
Mom: Please
Brayden: Fine. I have the best teacher. The end.
Mom: But, what do you like best about her?
Brayden: "That she has the best toys ever... blah..blah.blah..blah...blah!"
So that was Brayden's first day of kindergarten. I guess I will never know exactly what his first day was like! He was really excited and I could tell he was nervous by the look on his face as he was waiting to go in. It was much more emotional dropping him off than I thought it would be. I guess it just felt like the end of something so precious- those unscheduled days, spending lots and lots of time together, and me knowing everything that goes on in his day. But, I suppose it also is an exciting beginning for him- something all his own, a new adventure, growing up. When his teacher came out, I could feel my eyes well up. Luckily I had my sunglasses on so he couldn't tell. It was a wierd feeling handing him over to this woman that doesn't know him, doesn't know what an awesome, sweet kid he is- Someone that I know will love him, but not the way I do.
Brooklyn, however, did not hold back any emotion as she started crying when he walked into his classroom. "Brayden, Brayden, Brayden..." over and over. It was so sweet and sad at the same time. Luckily for me, my attention turned to reassuring her, and it made it easier for me. She continued crying the entire way home- just saying his name over and over. She really does love him. I must admit that as she was taking a nap this afternoon, I really did enjoy the peaceful quiet. :)
When we came to pick up Brayden, I could tell he had a GREAT first day!!! I love you bud!

8 comments:

Suzanne Lancaster said...

For cute!! Good luck Brayden...and congratulations Megan. What a cool milestone. Chase starts in a couple of weeks - he's jazzed :)

the herd said...

Oh man! I know just how you feel and it doesn't get easier with each kid, if fact it has gotten worse. I think it's because I realize how fast it all happens. Naomi will start soon and all the emotions floods back to me.

You did a great job on the wedding pictures! You have a talent just waiting to explode!

Callie said...

oh man that makes me sad. i dont want Brayden to grow up. i remember babysitting him when he was just like 2. man its sad. tell him good luck and happy school days.

smith fam said...

what a cute guy! I bet he's going to love school. Avery has one more year until the big kindergarten...I'm already dreading the "letting go"!

Live, Laugh, & Love with the Floyd Family on the Eastcoast said...

hey meagan,
hope Brayden enjoys school and tell him good luck..
by the way the pics of Desi that you took are beautiful I wish I had ur talents hehe.. I wish you took my pics would of turned out better.. anyways
check out my blog I have many pics of my beautiful daughter Evelynn we call her Evie for short..
she is 2.5 months old.. crazy huh!
U have cute kids..

Tennille said...

What happened to all our little boys? I remember the day Cole finally didn't need me in nursery anymore, and I remember Cole and Brayden just looking at each other on the floor during church. Now look at them! Ready to tackle the world. Well, we'll see how it goes next week for Cole. And we'll see how I do when it's my turn to turn and walk away....

Unknown said...

I'm impressed the tears didn't stream! I'll hope Jack distracts me when I drop Maddy off for pre-school next month! Love that you asked him all those questions! And his answers crack me up!

Sally said...

What a cute idea to interview him! His answers are so "Brayden." That picture of Brooklyn is priceless, too. What a tender heart and a sweet girl. She'll have more company soon enough :). I'm glad Brayden is having fun!