Friday, January 02, 2009

My baby is SIX!!!

I can't believe my first born is already six years old. The first few months of his life just seemed to drag by- he was a super fussy baby, didn't sleep and Billy was in tax season. Needless to say, we had lots of time to bond. Now, looking back, it seems impossible that so many years have passed. He had a great birthday at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house. One nice thing about Christmas time b-days is all your family is around.



This picture is a little creepy, but so funny. Here Brayden is practicing some "anakin moves".
Brayden also had a "friend" birthday at the first of the month, three days before Landon was born. I told my dr. the baby HAD to wait until after Tuesday!
Some things I love about Brayden:
He is always super enthusiastic- it can be any little thing, but he makes it fun.
He has worked hard in school and is beginning to read. We have lots of fun reading Star Wars chapter books together.
He is an awesome big brother. He knows how to tease, how to play nice and do all the things that big brothers are supposed to do.
He hates doing chores. (okay maybe I don't love that, but it is soooo him.)
He has a goldfish that is over 1 year old named Jeffrey. Jackson died shortly after we got him.
He loves Star Wars, transformers, riding his bike, playing xbox and wii, building lego spaceships, having friends over, dressing up as star wars characters, oh, and did I mention he loves Star Wars.
He has an incredible memory. He can remember things that neither Billy nor I can.
When he was little, he could spot a tractor, police car etc. from nearly a mile away!
He gives the best hugs and loves to cuddle.
He likes to run and twist his fingers through my hair, although he doesn't do it nearly as much anymore.
Happy Birthday Brayden!!!


6 comments:

Callie said...

Holy Cow! 6 years old. i remember when he was like 2? i think thats when i became his girlfriend. well only 15 years till i become Mrs. Brayden Smith

grammie said...

What I like best abt Brayden he always acts so excited to see me & gives me hugs,that important to Grammie & makes me so happy

Sally said...

Yea, I think the Homer-like staring look from Ethan at that Star Wars toy pretty much says it all. They are certainly a lot alike, especially as I read your list. Brayden is such a fun kid! He is so full of life. Thanks for being a great friend, Brayden! Happy Belated Birthday!

the herd said...

Happy Birthday big Guy! I saw your mom on Friday and she was looking forward to coming this next week! Have a great time together!

Live, Laugh, & Love with the Floyd Family on the Eastcoast said...

wow what a handsome big boy you have. ur kids are cute! congrats megan!!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

Oh boy, He looks soooo funny in that picture, I was laughing out loud. hahahahahhahaha!!!!!!! Ohhh MEgan I misss you!!!! I need to see your baby, I haven't yet! :@