Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shout out to Mom and Dad

So, my jet-setting parents were in Costa Rica when Landon was born. Luckily, they had internet access, so they were able to keep updated on his arrival. They never check their email at home, so I was sure they would miss out on the news that he was born until they got back. I was very happy when I got an email from them telling me that they got the pictures and had shown them to the hotel staff! Two days after they got back, my dad had surgery on his foot, then mom had a dr. appt for her knee (are they falling apart?!) , then it was Christmas. So, it was a few weeks until they were able to come. They stayed for 2 days, and it was so much fun. My dad was a trooper and watched Landon so we could run to Target, even though his foot was still in recovery. Landon loved Grandpa holding him. Then my mom came back the next Monday and stayed for a week. Can I just say how awesome my mom is? We got so much stuff done, got my house and laundry back under control. It felt so nice to get things done, sleep in in the morning, and just hang out. Yea for Moms and Dads!



funny story about this picture- when Brayden was about 2 months old we went to Arctic Circle and he got fussy. My mom let him suck on the bottom part of her ice cream cone- just the cone part. All of a sudden he got really excited- he had made it through the cone and was getting soft serve ice cream! Ever since then, I've given my mom a bad time about her feeding my kids. So, when she had a milkshake, she had to offer it to Landon!


2 comments:

jksfam said...

I'm glad your parents were able to come! Jim gave James dabs of ice cream and frosting when he was about 2 months old.

amanda said...

You are so lucky to have 2 sets of grandparents that are so involved!!!! Take advantage of it while you can.