Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My budding artist...

Brayden was really never one to sit still for any extended period of time, but lately, he has really started coloring and drawing. Maybe it is because he goes to a "school of the arts" magnet school. We certainly didn't send him there because of any signs that he was especially artistic, but it does teach keyboarding and art and I liked the environment there. It also helped that it is less than a mile away and most of his friends go there. When I came downstairs this day, he was drawing so intently that I had to grab my camera. I loved how he looked with the afternoon light shining on him, so still and serious. It is a part of Brayden that doesn't come out very often. What made it even better was when I saw that he was drawing a picture of me and him together. An educated artist might critique his work- maybe pointing out that the toes don't actually go up one's leg. And surely his mom's neck is not that large. And look how tiny the little boys head is. But his mother sees that he gave her nice thick hair and a smile. That he drew himself and her side by side. And when he presented it to me I thought it was perfect.



3 comments:

ReeSe said...

Aww, how cute! I've noticed that Kenna is the same way. She has started to actually draw pictures and not just scribble some random things. Awww, they're growing up! :)

Bek said...

Yes he did give some great hair. That is so sweet.

Sally said...

Beautiful picture. That moment you captured will stay with you for years!