Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dear Brayden...


Brayden, I wanted to write down a few things about you that make you so special. I know it is sappy, but I am your mom so I get to do stuff like that.

*You are my cuddler. Even though you are getting older, you still love to sit close to me, and even sometimes play with my hair like you did when you were a baby. You'll even crawl into bed with me in the mornings and cuddle; I love it- except when it is too early!
*You are very inquisitive. Lately you have been asking me lots of science questions. You are asking about space and what makes a universe and what is at the end of the universe. You are also interested in germs and how they make you sick. We had to go online to find pictures of them, and then you had even more questions.
*You are very emotional. I think you get it from me. But, just as you can get mad and totally lose it- you can also show lots of empathy to others. You get excited about even little things, which makes life really fun.
*You are a great brother. As the oldest, your siblings are always watching you. I appreciate your willingness to play with your sister (I won't mention which of her toys you guys were playing with today :) and your watchful eye over your baby brother.
*You are so smart! I am amazed with your ablility to spell. You are my spelling super star! You are also starting to become quite the reader as well.
*You are very sensitive to things of a spiritual nature. You recognize God's hand in your life, and have great faith in asking Him for help. I am so impressed with your knowledge of the scriptures. I love listening to you read "your" verse of the
scriptures each night, even though you always ask for the shortest one.
*I love listening to you play. As I type, you are walking and playing around the living room as a Transformer, making the sounds of the transformer you made up named "Gold Strike."
*I love you bud!


6 months





One year old andThree years old

3 comments:

Cool Waters said...

Dear Brayden,
Once, when you were little, Megan was holding you at grandma's house and I came out of the addition making really loud noises - needless to say you screamed your head off because I scared you! Also, I like how you still cuddle too. I love coming to Boise knowing that you'll sit on my lap! And even let me teach you how to play computer games!

Sally said...

What a trip down memory lane! Hope he had a great birthday (1 months late :)!) I really wish we still lived close because I hear so much of "ethan" when I read what you wrote. Great journaling!

Pete n Desi Worle said...

You and Billy look so young! You still look young but even younger in the picture w/ you guys at the hospital. I love little Brayden he's such a sweet kid and I'm always so excited to see him when you come to mom's house. Love you Brayden!!