Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy 30th to Me!




Wow, I can't believe I am no longer a 20 something. On June 8th, I turned the big 3-0. Lots of people asked me if it felt wierd or different, but I have to admit I felt the exact same. The only wierd thing for me is that I thought that by the time I was 30, I would have things pretty much figured out- I would have it together, be more organized, be really wise and mature. However, I still feel like I'm figuring things out, which I suppose is good since we are always supposed to be learning.


So, now I enter my 30's and I have to admit things are pretty good. No, I haven't figured out how to make myself stay up and fold laundry before going to bed, and I haven't yet figured out how to always have dinner ready (maybe I should start thinking about it before 4:30 :)... But I do have two really great kids and we are excited to meet numero 3.


Billy was really sweet and threw me a birthday bbq with a bunch of friends and family. If you didn't get an invite, I'm sorry, but it was a last minute thing and he sent out a bunch of emails the day before. Actually, our dinner conversation consisted of:

Billy- What do you want to do for your birthday?

Me- I don't care, but you're in charge of planning it, and you probably should have started 2 weeks ago.

Billy- (long pause) I was thinking about doing a bbq.

Me- Okay, but I don't want to do any of the work... (that may sound bratty, but hey, its my birthday!!!!)


And so it was we went together to Sam's club, loaded up on burgers and hot dogs and all that jazz. Then he did all the work- and thanks to Dennis too for bringing his grill and doing practically all the cooking. I knew you were one of my favorite cousins :) And even though the picture doesn't show it, I did invite adults as well!

So, now I am into my 30's and it is looking pretty good. Thanks to everyone who remembered my birthday. If you forgot, I am still accepting gifts and cash. Ha ha ha. Love you all and thanks for making my first 30 years so great.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought the same thing when I turned the big 3-0-I'd be so old the next day I couldn't walk or something but I too feel the same way. It's weird to tell people I'm 30 though, it still sounds so old!

~AnnaMarie~ said...

Im on the countdown myself, since I turn 30 next month. Glad to know it's survivable :)