Saturday, September 20, 2008

St. Luke's Women's Fitness Celebration!

Yeah, I was so excited for another fun 5K for the Women's Fitness Celebration. I've done it the last few years and have loved it every time. Of course, this year was a little different as I'm prego and walked (slowly I might add- thanks Makinzee for sticking with me!) and it POURED!

They said it hadn't rained for something like 59 days, so of course it had to on race day!
Here is the before picture. Notice all our sexy rain gear! Since Billy works downtown, we get to park in his garage. Of course it is so close to the starting line, that it is blocked off. We did some fancy manuvering and made it in, with one of the volunteer ladies chasing after us waving her arms like a crazy maniac. What did she think we were going to do? Drive the race route? It was pretty funny.


For some reason when I get around a lot of people, especially if I'm with my friends, and there is music, I turn into a total spaz. I kept it mostly under control this time, but had to rock out when I stood on this vent and my poncho inflated.

Here we are all finished. I didn't really take any pics during the race because it was so rainy and I didn't want to bother with my camera. Oh, and I got a high five from the Subway Jared and two people from the Biggest Loser that I recognized, but can't remember their names. So yeah, I'm pretty much famous now!



8 comments:

Cool Waters said...

I would have been there if I was in Boise!...so in about two years, here I come!

Unknown said...

I love it when you are a spas! It makes the race that much better!ha ha
No, I really love it because you know how to let loose and have fun!

Callie said...

i totally would have done that with you if i didnt have homecoming. it looks so much fun. i'm totally gonna do it next year.

Adam Smth said...

I totally would have done it if I was female.

Sally said...

That was some AWFUL rain! :) I wish I was walking it with you. I think running it was pretty depressing, although it made the finish line come faster!

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me drag along! It was really fun, I'm planning on it next year! And the rain was refreshing if not freezing!

Kevin said...

Good for you Megan...even in the rain! Looks like you had fun anyway. I have just started running and am looking for a local 5K. I should check and see if St. Lukes has anything in Dallas...

Marnie said...

Opps...sorry! That last comment was posted by me, Marnie, I just forgot that I was logged in as Kevin. Sheesh..