Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm a blogging machine...

Okay, I know this is my 3rd post, but I'm trying to get caught up. And since I got tagged, I thought I better finish it off tonight. (thanks Makinzee and Angie-she tagged me months ago)


The RULES:

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog....


My Six:


1. I Flit around. No, not flirt, but flit. I go in spurts on things that I am really interested in. I'll be really into something, say food storage, and then I'm on to making hair bows or bracelets. I don't know why I do this, maybe it goes back to my parents finally letting me quit piano lessons. But, hopefully it makes me interesting since I've done lots of things.


2. I LOVE digital scrapbooking. It is fast and clean and easy once you get the hang of it. I love finding freebies online. I love experimenting with things and being able to "undo" it when it doesn't work out. I love that when I need to stop, I don't have a desk full of scraps and tools that I need to clean up. Sometimes I miss the texture and the feeling of traditional scrapbooking. But, I know I can always go back to it if I feel like it. Usually making my YW handouts cures me of that feeling though.


3. I'm a flybaby. If you've never been to the Flylady's website, you've got to try it. It is a way to get your house clean and organized just by starting with a clean and shiny sink. She sends you little reminders for each day of things to do. My countertops got totally scrubbed yesterday, and the day before, the dining room floorboards got washed. It is amazing how just spending 15 minutes a day on something makes a difference in your day. Maybe this is my latest "flit", but hopefully I'll stick with it.


4. I love being a mom. Okay, ya'll already know that, but I really do love it. Whether it is pulling the kids around in the sled in the driveway or just watching them play, I love it. I'm so thankful for a husband that supports me and wants me home with the children. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have extra spending money if I had a teaching job, but then I get real and think about how much I love life the way it is.


5. I am a true Jedi. Okay, I'll be honest. I've never really been into Star Wars, and until recently hadn't even seen all the movies, but I love the Lego Star Wars video game. Brayden got the second one for his birthday and we play it together all the time. There are so many hidden things to find. It is such a rush when you find that last "battery pack." I think there is another name for them, but that is what we call them. Plus, I love it when my little boy says, "Mom, cover me!" as the Storm troopers come in shooting.


6. I love adventure. I love doing scary things that challenge me. I'm not really physically gifted, but if there is a rush in doing something, I'll usually do it. For example, we were white water rafting and the guide stopped at this cliff and asked if anyone wanted to jump. I was all there. Billy wanted to jump from the lower ledge, but when his wife jumped from the top one, he had to also. I'd love to be on the Amazing Race, but I think I would be one of those people that you think is really mean because I get frustrated so easily.


Okay, that's it So... Jamie, Sara S., Tess, Terri Anne, Anna, Sara N.... You're it!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

MEGAN! I feel like I've found a long lost friend... your kids are growing up so fast!

Brian Hanks said...

I always knew Billy was a wimp. Psch...lower ledge...what a wuss.
(Tell him Adam said that)

Sara said...

I am very impressed with your blog. And your kids are so cute! By the way, I read in the jefferson star you came home for Christmas. That was all it said though, nothing juicy :)

Unknown said...

I want the flylady's website. I'll listen to anyone who'll tell me when and where and what to clean! So fun, seeing a new side of Megan!