Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book of Mormon Stories


It seems like most nights when we sit down for scripture study as a family, someone can't find their scriptures or they can't agree on who's is who's. So for family home evening, I bought 5 of the paperback Book of Mormons, and we personalized them with our own paper. The kids know these ones are to stay on the shelf. Study time has gone much more smoothly - except for the keeping ones hands to oneself while others are reading (Brooklyn). Maybe I should wrap her up too! jk. We try to keep it short, one verse (or 2 if they want), since they are still little. I also like it because it leaves us time to talk about the meanings of the verses. I've been so impressed with Brayden and his interpretations and questions. And while we don't have a perfect track record reading each night, I have seen the blessings when we do.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

3 comments:

Sally said...

What a GREAT idea! Very cute!

Natalie said...

Super cute! I wonder if I'd be more inspired to read if my BofM was so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea! We need this too! I'm probably going to copy you. :) Thank Megan.