Monday, February 18, 2008

Hunters and Gatherers

Okay, we've all heard before that men were the hunters and women were the gatherers, but today I did both. I think most women love hunting for the deal and getting something awesome for nearly nothing. After hunting and then gathering at the big sale at Saver's (mostly second hand stuff, but really cute) this is what I came away with...nearly 30 items of clothes for under $40. Afterwards, my friend Charise and I went out to lunch to celebrate all our finds. The best part? No kids, thanks to our super-babysitter Callie, that had school off today!


P.S. Charise, see why you need a blog? Then you can be a nerd like me and show everything you got!

P.S.S. For those of you wondering, Brooklyn is doing much better and is almost back to herself. She was pretty sick for a few days: ear infections, fever, uncontrollable boogers, etc. and had to be on an inhaler (albuterol), and antibiotics to clear things up. So, if you ever need a mask thing for babies to use with an inhaler, call me and you can borrow ours and save yourself the 50 bucks.... Kids just LOVE them- I wish:)

4 comments:

ReeSe said...

I had a great time Megan! Thanks for the invite and I can't wait to go through all my finds too. Trying to organize and make room for it now :) We'll see about the blog..hehe.

Unknown said...

Megan, I went to Savers today but didn't find nearly all you came home with. I did get some great bargains however. Thanks for telling me about Savers. Can't wait to see Charise's blog!!

the herd said...

Having friends and a babysitter, WOW! You might have spent more on the babysitter than you did on your clothes! Great Job, Megan! That's it we're moving to Boise!

Anonymous said...

Megan,
You a girl after my own heart. I love good deals. Have you gone to Other MOthers the first Friday and Saturday of the month. This is Suzanne Ball. Email me at zannec@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite to my blogs. I called some B smiths in the phonebook but couldn't find a Billy.