Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wanted: 12 Step Program

You always hear about the many different types of twelve-step programs for different kind of addictions. But I haven't heard of one that we are desperately in need of: 12-step program for Dora the Explorer addiction. Brooklyn LOVES her and will grab my hand and pull me towards the TV and say "Dooorr, Dooorr" although I think she is now saying "Dooor-a." It is so funny! At least she is watching something other than "ba-ba" (Strawberry Shortcake). It has become sort of a routine for us. Breakfast and then a shower for mom while she watches Dora. Maybe I should let her keep her addiction. As Dora would say, "Adios, Amigos!"

4 comments:

NapoleansDeb said...

Madison is completely addicted as well and does the exact same thing. On the positive side she has learned a lot of spanish words as well as a lot of concepts. If she has to be addicted at least it is to something that has some educational value.

-Tara Smith

Nate and Jamie said...

As a surviving mother of a Dora addict, I can tell you that there are worse things :) That's how Livi learned to count to ten in Spanish!

Unknown said...

I too have an addict, even the boy is wanting to watch Dora! The pages are very cute, I love how simple they are but soo cute.

Tara said...

Too funny! Dora's (Mickelson) little girl thinks she has the coolest mom since her name is Dora. It could be worse, at least she's not addicted to something like Telletubbies! Also, I'm glad you were on the same page as me with the whole scout/dice story, I loved your response! I think I would've sat there thinking the same thing, "Why haven't they used my dice yet?" and then still probably asking them afterward what the deal was. Yes, it probably would have been easier for them to draw me a picture!