Saturday, December 06, 2008

And now you know the rest of the story....



Again, I apologize for this being so long...




When we got to the hospital, they admitted me right away. I even got to skip the "let's see if she is really in labor room." The nurses were great, and contacted the epidural superman quickly since I was already dilated to an 8. I had some really intense labor and was near tears when he walked in the room. He asked Billy to go around the bed to help me while he inserted the needle. Billy politely declined due to the fact he almost passed out when I got one with Brayden. So, the nurse stepped in while he did his work and told me he gave me 99% of the medicine and now we were BFF. I had to agree. Dr. Agrusa showed up during that time and checked on me. After my epidural was in place and had taken effect I had a few minutes to rest and then we were ready to give it a go. There was some meconium in the water when they broke it, so they brought in the respitory therapist. I didn't feel any pain when pushing, which was great since I was totally wiped out from the labor. He delivered after a few pushes, Billy cut the cord, and I got to hold my darling little boy.
It was just amazing to see this little person that I'd been talking to for the last 9 months. He has a such a sweet little face, big long feet and super long nails! He even had some chubby on his legs. He slept a lot all day and didn't want to wake up to nurse. He still can't decide if he likes it or not.

When he was first born they were a little concerned if he had enhaled any meconium, but his oxygen levels were really good, his breathing was just a little on the fast side, but it slowed down.

The kids came down last night to see their baby brother. They were really cute. Brayden loved holding him and Brooklyn just wanted to put his blankie on him and play with him like he was a doll. She would point at him and then look at me. We'll probably head home tonight and let the real fun begin!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray. Congrats! Chills ran up my spine and spread tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats. Good luck on choosing a name. PS You look great for getting up at 3am and having a baby!

jksfam said...

Yeah for the new baby! I hope he's not nameless for too long!

~AnnaMarie~ said...

YAY! I hope you are doing great! Can't wait to hear his name!

DaLynn said...

He's perfect, congragulations!!

smith fam said...

I agree with your friend -- you look great post labor and what super cute glasses! Congrats on being mom of 3!
Can't wait to meet your little guy.
natalie

amanda said...

Braden looks like a natural big brother!! Good luck in the next week you will do great, your a fantastic mom!

Tara said...

I was just thinking about you today wondering when the little guy would arrive!! Congrats on doing such a great job delivering such a handsome little boy! You look beautiful, holding him all wrapped up in your arms and the kids look so cute holding him...just wait, the fighting of who gets to hold him will kick in soon! Can't wait to hear his name...that's when we'll "know the rest of the story" :) get some rest cutie;)

Live, Laugh, & Love with the Floyd Family on the Eastcoast said...

congrats on having ur son..

take care Anna

the herd said...

You are WONDER WOMEN!!!! I'm so happy for the Smith family!!! What a Christmas Present! Even though back labor is from the devil, you sure got a little angel in return.

Ted and Leslie said...

Not only were you such a sweet wife and let your husband sleep, but you look completely fabulous after having been up all night and having delivered - you truly are wonder woman! Congrats on number three! Can't wait to hear what you name him!

Chad and Amy said...

Congratulations Guys!
What a cutie! Have you decided on a name yet? I swear boy names are so much harder.
Hope all is going well now that you are home.
Take Care!
Chad, Amy & Kids

Bek said...

Early you lucky girl, that is the way to go.