Friday, December 05, 2008

He's here!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice: This is really long since this is kind of like a family journal :)
Our little guy (yep, no name yet, so that is what he is going by) is here- 8:15 am, 7 lbs 12 oz, 20 3/4 inches long.
He started his arrival at approximately 2 am this morning with amazingly painful back labor. I pulled myself out of bed at 3 since I was so uncomfortable and didn't want to wake up Billy with my huffing and puffing breathing. My contractions were at 10 minutes so I watched some 30 Rock and My name is Earl and the local news- someone's house caught on fire in Boise- until I realized they repeat the exact same news over and over. Soon I was at 7 minutes apart with really bad pain. I told myself that when they got to 6 I would wake up Billy. Then they jumped to 4 minutes apart. I was about to go get Billy (a bit before 6) when I hear this beeping. Apparently the Lord knew that I didn't want to try to walk down the hall so he set off the low battery alarm in our bedroom smoke detector. I told Billy we needed to head out, so he fixed the detector, took a shower and we headed off for the hospital. My sister Angie was a lifesaver and came and stayed with the kids. I only got after him once when he stopped at a yellow light- I mean isn't being in labor a good excuse for running a yellow light?
Well, I'll finish the rest of this later- I'm going to bed :)





7 comments:

ReeSe said...

Woo hoo the first to comment. I'm so glad he's here and you are doing great! He's adorable and I definitely see Brayden in him. Gotta love laptops at the hospital! :) Let me know what I can do to help you out!

Sally said...

Megan -

He is a doll. I hope you don't mind I posted him on my blog. He looks like Brayden a bit through the eyes, but it's hard to tell when they are so little (and with the hat and all!) You look AWESOME - so together and glowing still! We're glad he's here safe and sound and that you had a relatively short labor. Ditto to Charise's comments - I'll be around if/when you need me. Ethan was asking for Brayden to come play today, so maybe they can play next week. By the way, you hit my grandmother's birthday - ha ha ha - after all that joking about so many people's birthdays being around here.

Emma said...

Congradultions! He is so beautiful. I was so thrilled to hear from you last night. You guys are so blessed!

Kristal said...

Congrats you guys! We are so excited for you. We are glad everyone is doing great. Makall definitely wants Brooklyn to come over and play! Let me know.

DavJenMattMaddie said...

I am so happy for you guys. He is so cute. You look awesome for just having a baby. Congrats on everything.

amanda said...

What a beautiful family. You look way to good in your pics for just having a baby!!! You are a brave girl to wait at home so long before going in. I would have been running to the hospital out of fear!! Congrats!!

Callie said...

HE IS SO CUTE! definately loved seeing him in person. thanks for calling me it really meant a lot! dont forget to call and i will definately babysit the little guy!