Thursday, February 05, 2009

Landon's Blessing Day


Last Sunday, Landon was blessed at church by his Dad. Both his grandfathers and several of his uncles also took part in the blessing. It was a very touching sight for me to see my baby surrounded by such worthy men as he was given his blessing. One thing that struck me as especially meaningful was that Billy blessed him that his sweet disposition may continue throughout his life and that he will follow the examples of his older brother and sister as they choose righteous paths. It was a very sweet day.
I love being a mom and amazed at how my heart just grows to love this new little one as much as I love my other two. When I look at my kids, I see their great potential, their weaknesses, their individual traits that make them who they are- It gives me a glimpse of how our Father in Heaven must see us and how he must love each one of us, as his children. I'm so grateful for this knowledge!

5 comments:

Bek said...

That was a nice post. Sometimes I wonder how Heavenly Father looks at us too. Do you think he records the crazy funny things we do and say and then goes and shares them at some great council with all the great ones? "Hey you guys won't believe what Becky said today...." and then He and Father Abraham and Moses all have a good chuckle.

Unknown said...

Megan you look fabulous for having a little baby. Love the dress and love the spirit those simple father blessings give!

DaLynn said...

Landon looks just like Billy, and you look GREAT!! No surpise there!

Sally said...

Beautiful, beautiful page and beautiful beautiful family! How happy! I'm so glad you have a healthy happy trio :). Billy did a wonderful job with the blessing. He is getting good - maybe 3 more in your future - ha ha ha....

Live, Laugh, & Love with the Floyd Family on the Eastcoast said...

what a sweet family
congrats on Landon's baby blessing