Thursday, March 20, 2008

Billy's Late Night Adventures...


Sometimes it seems that Billy gets left out of my blogging. It's not that I don't like writing about him, it's just that what he's been up to is less than exciting. Really, who wants to hear about tax returns? But, he did have a funny thing happen to him the other night. When I told him he should blog about it, he said, "but then I would have had to ask the cop to pose with me for a picture..." Ha ha, he thinks he is so funny. Okay, I'll admit, it was pretty funny. So, here's the story:

It was nearly 12 midnight when he left work the other night (he doesn't always stay that late, but he's got a ton to do and he was on a roll) when he took a right hand turn at the stop light. He saw a car whip around and soon after there were flashing lights behind him. He pulled over and the officer walked up to his window and asked if he had been drinking. Apparently, he didn't signal and took a wide turn. Side note: the right turn lane turns into two lanes on the other street so nearly everyone turns into the 2nd lane. Billy, trying to be a good citizen and avoid a ticket was very polite and agreed with the officer. Yes, he had forgotten to signal, and Yes, he did turn wide, and No he had not been drinking, but actually had just left work. The officer was very nice and checked his registration and insurance. Then he asked what seemed like an odd question. "Do you get a lot of speeding tickets?" Billy was confused and said it had been a long time and why did he ask? Well, the officer pointed out that he had a radar detector sitting in plain view on his front seat. OOPS!!!! Billy then hurriedly explained that it was an old one that had been sitting in his console for a long time and his wife had borrowed his car and maybe she had used it, and he hadn't even realized it was there. The cop got a good laugh out of it, and Billy was a bit embarrassed.

Sorry, Billy. I think I pulled it out when I was looking for the phone charger. Sorry for making you look like a shady citizen. I'm just glad you didn't get a ticket. But, do you think that next time you could possibly snap a pic with your cell phone so I can have a picture for my blog? Thanks! I love ya!

0 comments: