Friday, March 21, 2008

Sisters

One of my friends Angela wrote an amazing script and even more amazing songs about the sisterhood of our church through the Relief Society Organization. I knew she played the violin and sang, but really, she has Talent with a capital T! Luckily for me, I was asked to participate as one of the speaking roles. I got to play a woman that cannot have children and is considering adoption. Ironic, because I was once at that point after trying to get pregnant for two years. There was something in the play that applied to every woman that was there, things that we all go through or something similar. She showed how the Relief Society is there to offer support to us no matter what the problem or circumstance. The songs that Angela wrote were so beautiful and the women that performed them did a fabulous job. Some of them were sooooo funny and some so sweet and heartwrenching. It was fun to be up on a stage-even a little one. It kind of took me back to my old high school days as a "Troyplayer." One of the highlights of my H.S. life was when I played the role of Anne Frank my junior year. That was an amazing experience. Anyway, I guess the things you learn in high school really can help you later on in life :) Here are a few pics from the night...

3 comments:

Tennille said...

Oh I feel homesick. I shouldn't be doing that after almost 2 years, but looking at these pictures made me a little sad tonight. Will you tell Sarah and Emma hello for me???? Please???

Sally said...

Those are great pictures! I'll probably link to them from my blog, if that's ok! :) You were GREAT!

Unknown said...

You did a great job and I was in tears, everyone's performances were outstanding and I felt your spirit. Didn't know you played Anne Frank, wow!