Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Congratulations Riley!




Billy's brother Benson and his wife Anna adopted sweet, smiley Riley this last summer. We were so happy to welcome this adorable, unbelievably happy baby into the family. I swear, I've never seen a baby smile like he does. His arrival was an answer to many prayers, and he has been such a blessing.

We were so excited to hear a few weeks ago that the adoption would be finalized and they would be able to take him to the Idaho Falls Temple and be sealed together as a family for time and all eternity. It was a great opportunity for us to talk to Brayden about the blessings of the temple, and to explain to him that families can be together forever. Riley looked so cute in his little white tuxedo and actually was asleep during the sealing ceremony. It was a beautiful thing to witness.

I have to say I am so grateful for the adoption process, as I now have 3 great nephews that are adopted. I'm so grateful to birth mothers that look beyond their own desires, and give their children the opportunity to be raised by a couple that will love them and cherish them and give them a family they would not have otherwise had. I can't even begin to imagine the sacrifice, but I have seen the wonderful results- a beautiful happy family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your comment about birth mothers looking beyond their own desires struck me hard. That is what sacrifice is all about! Congrats to their family!

Anna said...

Thanks for the sweet words and cute pics Meg! We appreciate all your support. It was so great to have you all here for our wonderful day! Love you all!