Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Break

Another fun week in Lewisville, Idaho! My sister Angie, and I decided to take the kids to see Grandma and Grandpa at the Bramwell Farm for Spring Break. We had a good time even though we almost got blown away! I forget how windy it is there- although my mom said it was warm... We went to the Museum of Idaho in Idaho Falls and saw the Egyption exhibit. It was neat to see thing from thousands of years ago...even a mummified kitten, although it looked like a ball of dirty rags, but still cool. They had a fun exhibit for the kids with a log cabin and everything. Brooklyn especially liked the dolls and dishes.

The kids had a fun time going out with Grandpa or Grandma to do chores (feeding cows and horses). I remember hating doing chores as kid, but for some reason my city kids think it is pretty neat. It is starting to warm up there, so everything was super muddy. Brooklyn fell one time and got yucky wet hay and dirt all over- even on her head, so into the bath she went.

Brooklyn and Maren loved chasing the cat all over the house. Maren learned that if you grab the kitty's hair and pull, it will come out in little tuffs and will float all over. Mojave actually enjoyed the girls for the most part.

We visited my sister Lexi, in Rexburg by letting her wait on us at the restaurant she works- yum, greatest salsa ever at Gringo's! She is at BYU-I and is so cute and is doing great.

My brother Mark and his wife Mindy came down with their kids a few times, and that was great. The kids played well together most of the time, which was good to see. Brayden and Tristan sometimes have a hard time. I think it is a love/hate relationship. Mindy, Angie and I all spent an afternoon making hair bows for our pretty girls. I even wore one on one of the days!

Let's see a few more highlights: playing silly games, like black magic, sniff the stick, card trick on Monday night, visiting Benson and Anna Smith at their work, visiting Ryan and Tess Smith and eating their cheese puffs, watching Dad pull off a win playing Ticket to Ride after saying over and over how there was no way he could win, he wasted three turns yada yada yada...., the boys making clay volcanoes with Grandma, visiting my Grandma, Marie Bramwell, and also having Lauren and Brittany Bramwell come down to visit,- oh it was so much fun.
It was a great visit home, and I love that my parents are so willing to open their house to us whenever we want to visit. Thanks Mom and Dad.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Brooklyn looks like a perfect doll in that picture in the log cabin! It's like it was made for her! I love seeing pictures of the farm - it makes me wish I had somewhere like that to go. What a fun family vacation with relaxing family times. Thanks for sharing!

Tennille said...

I love the look on Brooklyn's face on the four wheeler! I also trekked to Idaho last week with my kids to visit the farm. I actually spent several hours in "tractor therapy". My mom kept the kids while I harrowed hay and enjoyed peace and quiet. I love rural life! Glad you had a great time too.

Unknown said...

ohhh, feeding the cows looks awesome both Maren and Brooklyn look natural in farm life. So fun to have your kids play out on the farm. Hope you get better soon!